The GUSTAV MAHLER JUGENDORCHESTER plays a special role in fostering the musical talents of young people. Through the honorary contribution of founder and music director Claudio Abbado as well as of other renowned conductors, the orchestra has been able to meet the highest artistic standards.
But in order to continue bringing musicians from all parts of Europe together in the future, the Orchestra is in urgent need of further financial help. Working with the GMJO costs money, which is needed for the expensive travels of a pan-European orchestra.
The funds are exclusively for the benefit of the young musicians, as music director Claudio Abbado and most of the conductors and soloists donate their fees.
In order to free the orchestra from at least part of the burden and risk of annual fund raising, a beneficiary foundation has been created for the GUSTAV MAHLER JUGENDORCHESTER. The Beneficiary Foundation of the GUSTAV MAHLER JUGENDORCHESTER is a foundation without legal capacity based in Munich and recognized by an official notification from the Munich tax authorities (April 2, 1996) as a charity on the basis of promotion of cultural goods.
Contributions to the foundation are tax deductible. The foundation is a private initiative and is financed by donations from individuals, foundations and corporate sponsors.
There are three main types of contribution:
- Endowment contributions
- Grants from public and private funding organizations
The foundation also assists the GMJO in setting up sponsoring partnerships. The management will be happy to answer any enquiries.
- receive a contribution receipt that is valid for submission to the tax authorities
- are entered into a file of contributors and regularly informed about the orchestra's projects
Donators who donate over € 250:
- are mentioned by name in the tour programme
Donators who donate over € 2,500:
- receive the title of “Patron of the GUSTAV MAHLER JUGENDORCHESTER”
- are mentioned under this heading in the tour programme
- have the opportunity to visit a rehearsal or dress rehearsal
- can be invited to a reception on the occasion of a concert
- can receive a signed tour programme in advance
- have the opportunity to accompany the orchestra on a tour
Donators who support the orchestra with regular donations of € 250 (individuals) and € 1,000 (corporate sponsors):
- become members of the foundation's Circle of Friends
- as an exclusive circle of personal friends of the orchestra, receive frequent updates on the orchestra's activities
- receive a documentation of the orchestra's projects
Advisory Board: Claudio Abbado, Dr. Thomas Angyan, Dr. Thomas Bär, Roland Berger
Management: Maecenata GmbH, Herzogstraße 60, D-80803 München,